As an association of engaged physicians who have trusted connections to millions of patients, the AMA is a leading voice that informs, guides and generates support for policies that advance meaningful initiatives—ones that address the concerns most relevant to all patients and physicians.
The AMA's top advocacy issues for 2020
Together we are working to reduce regulatory burdens and promote health care delivery models that support physicians in doing what’s most important to them—providing high-quality care to their patients.
Learn about the AMA’s recent advocacy achievements.
- AMA's top 2020 advocacy victories (PDF)
- Protecting physician practices (PDF)
- AMA's 2018 regulatory wins and top "asks" (PDF)
Legislative & regulatory priorities
Get additional information about the AMA's legislative and regulatory priorities.
- Administrative simplification advocacy
- AMA vision on health care reform
- Liability & risk in digital health innovation
- FDA issues
- HIPAA compliance
- Preventing heart disease
- Medicare payment & delivery changes
- Advocating for diabetes prevention
- Reversing the opioid epidemic
- Save graduate medical education
Visit the for federal and state correspondence documents from the AMA.